I am, however, getting pretty confident at giving myself shots. I had to do them without Derek last night and I did ok (still prefer to have my cheerleader there though).
It's not horrible but it's not comfortable. It just is what it is I guess. It's what we have to do to get there.
This morning I had my first sono and bloodwork since starting stims and they shed some light on why I may be feeling pretty sore already (not to mention weird butterfly like sensations in my belly).
40 FOLLICLES!!! 20 on each side. Holy crap that's a lot!
Just to give you perspective- their goal is to retrieve 10-12 next week.
This is definitely good news in the sense that a) I am responding to meds and b) I have plenty of eggs in there it seems.
It is also pretty scary. They have to make sure this number goes a bit down before retrieval or I run the risk of being over stimulated (basically my body would be on hyperdrive and could result in a very miserable early pregnancy). If this happens, we'd still do the retrieval but would have to give my body a cycle off to chill out before they transfer any embryos back in.
Honestly, if having to wait one more month is our worst case scenario then we are truly blessed.
So far, all of our tests are going great! Still no real sign of why we can't do this on our own but who knows...
I get upgraded to 3 shots a night starting tomorrow so that they prevent me from ovulating on my own. Monitoring appointments are set for Saturday, Monday and Tuesday so I'll have more updates from there.
I asked my nurse if she had to guess when the retrieval would be and she said it's still too early to tell but probably next Wednesday or Thursday.
Keep prayin and I'll just keep on poking myself with needles!
No comments:
Post a Comment