Sunday, April 27, 2014

Let the Shots Begin!

We just wrapped up night one of our first set of shots and I'm feelin' pretty accomplished! We were originally supposed to start yesterday but after my blood work on Friday they pushed it out a day.

Tonight we did two shots- Follistim and Menopur. These recruit as many follicles to develop as possible and encourage them to grow. In a few days they'll add a third shot that will tell my body not to ovulate until they are ready for it to.

I've gotta say the shots weren't that bad. Took us about 30 minutes to prep everything, read and reread instructions and syke myself up. Luckily these are the little shots that go in your belly so not too big of a deal.

I go in for blood work and sonograms on Thursday, Saturday, next Monday and next Tuesday. After each appointment they'll tell us what our doses change to and any timing changes. If all goes well, I'm guessing our egg retrieval will be around 5/8 and the transfer 5/13 (if all goes normal and well).

It feels good to just get the big stuff started! There's been so much build up and anticipation and we've already had to pay for 2/3rds of it so we are ready to reap the reward.

Keep the prayers up! The next 3 weeks are really big for us (well hopefully the next 9 months but we'll see)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment