So when Fedex gives you a window of 8 am (on truck) to 8 pm (ETA) and you have one conference call during the entire day, guess which time they show up? Needing a signature... :)
For those of you curious about what $3,000 in fertility drugs look like, here ya go:
Those two big ol bags in the front right are full of needles... just needles and a handful of alcohol wipes. And they aren't tiny, cute, little butterfly needles. They look like big, cry for momma needles.
You know there are a lot because they even gave me a special trash can just for needles (see far back left). Many women have assured me that they aren't as bad as they look and that once I get a day or two in, it'll just be routine. Let's hope that proves true!
But it is here! And I even have a tentative schedule (ya for coloring coding calendars!).
I am on birth control until next Tuesday (22nd). I have an appointment this Thursday for initial sono and labs and they'll teach me how to use the torture devices.
Then I have another appointment bright and early on the 25th for more labs and sono to see if I'm ready for what's called "stimming". If all looks good, the daily shots (aka stimming) start on the 26th.
This is where the fun begins. They'll monitor me closely for 8-12 days until they determine my follicles are ready to pluck. That puts the Egg Retrieval and transfer (3-5 days after ER) around the week of the 5th...
From there we wait, pray and fill my body full of progesterone and a little over a month from now we'll know how it all works out.
One day at a time... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment